A PAIR AND A SPARE
One thing that we all strive for in our homes is comfort. While we may not always have the time to burrow into an inviting spot, we still want to have these cozy areas in our homes. Places where we can envision ourselves curling up with a beverage to read for a bit. Places where we can reconnect with our families after the hustle of the day.
Look in every decor magazine or online and you can find examples of a pair of chairs combined with a shared table. Add in an area rug, some lighting and you are ready to plop with your coffee cup to soak in some “me” time. It’s all wonderful unless the chairs only look good and are just not comfy.
What To Consider When Purchasing The Best Chair For Your Home
- Size of Chair – What will fit in the space and through any doors to the space. Learn a maximum size before you begin considering options. Don’t laugh. Not fitting where planned is a downer!
- Comfort Factors – Seat depth, and height from floor. Height of back of chair regarding support. Amount of firmness or softness. This is a personal choice for everyone.
- Style -Traditional, modern, legs exposed or a skirt, shape of arms if arms, tufted or smooth, stationary, swivel, rocking or reclining.
- Finishes – Leather or fabric. Exposed wood or metal color.
- Budget – The cost of any piece of furniture varies vastly. As with other items that are an important part of your daily life, buy the best you can afford. Quality is not always solely dependent on price.
A Pair Of Chairs Can Be Used In So Many Different Areas
Bedrooms with a little extra space are a natural fit for a pair of chairs. Morning or night, what a nice way to share a few minutes with another. Adding an ottoman offers even more comfort.
Choosing custom fabrics, often called COM (Customer’s Own Fabric), is a way to personalize the area you’ve chosen to create a nook. Many online retailers now also have semi custom programs that allow you to see what a piece will look like with the fabrics and finishes you are considering. Below is an example.
Serena and Lily Hanover Semi Custom Chair
Traditional decor, like in the Family Room photo below, can also accommodate a pair of chairs. Family pieces can be re-upholstered in rich color fabrics, or even leathers, to create warm and inviting areas. Creating a smaller conversation area in a larger room is oh so chic.
At times the pair of chairs we fall in love with may not be the comfy cozy kind. Yet they can be an asset in the decor by using them in an unexpected location. How about in an entry? Don’t we all have just a few more words to say heading out the door after an evening with friends? Or how about a quick girlfriend chat in the beautiful entry of our homes? This is another great way to transform Grandma’s parlor chairs for the next generation.
The concept of a pair of chairs is universal when planning spaces where two can converse. The above photo is in a retail shoppe but we can see a pair of these brilliant velvets being center stage in so many homes. Anthropologie is another online retailer that is offering a semi custom fabric line. Here is their Mina Chair in another one of their amazing velvets.
Finally, what could be better than a pair of chairs that have become our favorite go to place? How about another pair added to the mix to create a wonderful conversation place for a few more? This grouping of 4 chairs, with a big chubby ottoman or round table, is a design that never fails.
So what do you think…Does’t everyone Need A Little Nooky?
Enjoy This Short Week’s Wednesday
See You For Friday Favorites!