We Spy With Our Designer Eye
This Savor Sunday
See What We Love About This Design
Each Sunday we’ll share a design that caught our eye and we took some time to savor. With the Easter holiday coming up this week, let’s look at this dining room shared via house beautiful . At first glance we see the amazing lacquered walls. With a closer look, we also see all of the carefully chosen details that make this room so attractive.
We Spy With Our Designer Eye….
- shining, multi layered lacquered walls that remind us of the Aegean Sea
- a crystal chandelier dripping with baubles
- hidden, oversized walnut doors with gleaming brass handle plates
- deep walnut wood floors peeking out from under a natural fiber area rug with a canvas edge
- hurricane wall sconces to hold tall, tapered candles…let’s be sure to light them every night!
- perfectly detailed, snowy white, cove crown moldings that lead down to deep cased doorways and wainscot wall panels
- a mahogany traditional dining table wide enough for the entree’ to be served
- a finely detailed, half round small console with collector plates and more hurricanes for additional mood setting candlelight
- the colorful oil painting on the adjacent hall wall just yearns to be part of the experience
- oh my these chairs! Parisian in nature, patina just perfect, with perhaps a soft velvet, almost animal print seat cover
- lets look at the colored glass, rose and gold goblets and a cobalt vase with the softest florals…peonies?
- grandmother’s linen napkins to mix with the black and gold trim china, both on standby
- bet the silverware is a beautiful mix of history from a weekend flea market
- empty nester mom waiting to have everyone back home for a Sunday brunch
- dad fussing in a button down oxford mom insisted he wear for a few hours
- a son, and his girl you love, driving in from the city for the day
- a daughter with her young family teaching the little ones about family traditions
- the table scattered with the remnants of the wonderful meal
- a seldom used room in our homes loving every minute of the day!
Savor This Sunday!
Starting This Week We Will Begin Releasing Spring Table Settings We Love On Pinterest
The Next Issue Of The LBD Magazine Is Ready
New subscribers to LBD will automatically receive the complete March 2018 LBD Magazine featuring one man’s passion and every guy’s dream! Already a subscriber and would like a copy, simply contact us and one will be in your email box right away!