We Spy With Our Designer Eye
This Savor Sunday
See What We Love About This Design
Each Sunday we’ll share a design that caught our eye and we took some time to savor. We’re dreaming of using our outdoor spaces like this one shared via my domaine. At first glance we see the way the sun dances all around this patio. With a closer look, we delve in and can envision ourselves gathered around a table just like this one on Sunday we savor!
We Spy With Our Designer Eye….
- color palette in black, cream and taupe creates a subtle background
- a pair of french doors opens to let the fresh spring air inside
- dusty, staggered block tile peeks out from under seasonal rugs
- the large wood top dining table, with barely there metal legs, holds a plethora of goodies
- rustic bench seating, with luxurious detailed legs, host family and friends
- lattice covers the pergola supports allowing the sunshine to dapple in…just look at the amazing pattern on the floor!
- black candle lanterns add a casual, inviting appeal when entertaining guests (even if only you are the guest!)
- a series of layered rugs in juxtaposing patterns is just too cool
- nighttime string lights add to the perfect ambiance
- the mirror on the wall doubles the lush greenery
- lush fresh greenery table arrangement in wicker basket placed at the end of the table out of the way for dining
- outdoor dining, traditional buffet style with a twist
- tonal paint plan for the stucco walls and trim, the exact opposite of contrast
- worry free textured linens, perhaps frayed painters cloth? (remember our previous post?)
- creamy white dishes mixed with cool clear glassware and warm stacked cutting boards-all soon to be loaded up with all the colors of alfresco dining food
- the perfect spot of a neighborhood summer Friday night party, dressing up as if fine dining
- three vacationing couples, coming out one by one with coffee in hand, to soak up the scene
- kiddos still in pjs laying on the adjoining lounges waiting for breakfast
- dad coming thru the door with a big plate of bacon
- mom following with an equally large bowl of fruit
- the shaggy family dog patiently waiting under the table….
Savor This Sunday!
Have You Seen Our Pinterest Board On Architecture?
The Next Issue Of The LBD Magazine Is Ready
New subscribers to LBD will automatically receive the complete March 2018 LBD Magazine featuring one man’s passion and every guy’s dream! Already a subscriber and would like a copy, simply contact us and one will be in your email box right away!