We Spy With Our Designer Eye
This Savor Sunday
See What We Love About This Design
Each Sunday we’ll share a design that caught our eye and we took some time to savor. So many elements to love in this kitchen space shared via traditional home. At first glance we see a well organized kitchen. With a closer look, we see a competing combination of design ideas that meld so well!
We Spy With Our Designer Eye….
- we have to start with the glorious sea of hand thrown, mixed blue tiles installed so snuggly together that grout is only an afterthought
- same wall tiles don’t stop at the splash but keep going on the entire wall…what a subtle statement
- knotty wide wood plank flooring to forgive most of life’s spills
- black and burnished brass round globe fixtures with rectangular chain links
- creamy white, inset door cabinets with polished brass hardware
- dowel pegged island leg supports with wood panels underneath, both in a wood slightly different from the flooring
- the addition of copper bands on a custom range hood bring in yet another metal finish so beautifully
- antique mirrors in the tall, perhaps pantry cabinet with the perfect size crown against the blue tile
- a pair of black glazed 6 pane grills in easy to crank out window
- shiny chrome bridge faucet and hand sprayer ready to use in the under mounted large sink
- soft grey veins in a white polished marble extra thick island slab and conventional 3cm perimeter tops
- small copper wall sconce light fixture…bet it looks so charming as the only light left on after the kitchen closes for the night
- dusty grey-brown wood legged stools with comfy ivory backs perfect for lingering
- an oversized, low profile cooktop and crock full of mixed matched utensils, means lots of cooking goes on in this space
- stained wood crown cap on range hood
- bucket of herbs every ready to use while adding nature to the room
- love the mix of healthy cantaloupe, green apples and a cake stand of donuts!
- grams preparing a healthy breakfast with soup already simmering for later in the day
- next door neighbor coming in for a glass of wine after standing in the yard talking for an hour already
- gramps lifting up the lid of the soup pot 3-4 times seeing if it’s ready
Savor This Sunday!
Join Us On Pinterest And See More Ideas For Charming Breakfast Spots
The Next Issue Of The LBD Magazine Is Ready
New subscribers to LBD will automatically receive the complete March 2018 LBD Magazine featuring one man’s passion and every guy’s dream! Already a subscriber and would like a copy, simply contact us and one will be in your email box right away!